UZB Stick ZME
This USB Stick connects a PC or any other computing platform with USB interface to a wireless Z-Wave network. A controller software compatible to the Sigma Designs Serial API is required to use the functions of the device. This software plus this UZB realize a static controller to manage and use Z-Wave devices of various vendors. This stick works with all certified Z-Wave devices regardless of
its vendor or date of origin. The Sigma Designs Serial API specification is available to
all owners of a Sigma Designs Z-Wave SDK.
The device implements a virtual serial interface used by the Z-Wave application. Linux and Mac OSX has a built in device driver for the stick and will create a new device named like /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 (OSX) or /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux). Windows enumerates a new COM device but may require a device driver uzb.inf available at www.z-wave.me.
This Z-Wave transceiver uses the SRD frequency range of 865-870 MHz. It complies to the Standard EN 300 220 1/2. The TX power is limited to +2 dBm. The antenna characteristics shows more or less circular radiation field. However using the device right on a notebook or other heavy device may partially degrade the signal significantly. Applying an USB-USB extender cable of min. 10 cm will always provide the best radio experience.
- VID/PID: 0658/0280
- Z-Wave Role: Static Controller
- Z-Wave SDK: 6.51.03 (Z-Wave Plus)
- Z-Wave Cert: ZC10-14090020
- Wireless Transceiver:
- Antenna: Helix
- Frequencies: 865 ... 870 MHz, includes frequencies for Europe, Russia, India
- TX Power: +2 dBm
- RX sensitivity: -104 dBm (9.6kbps) ... -95 dBm (100kbps)
- Wireless Range: up to 100 m in open field, > 40 m in rooms
- Transceiver Hardware: Mitsumi WML-C84
- Dimensions and weights: 30x14x6 mm, 3 gr